There are several features that each telemedicine software requires first of all. They’re not hooked into local specifics and project requirements.
These features are a critical part of telemedicine and ensure it will work properly and give patients and doctors all required tools.
What is telemedicine
“Telemedicine” means all the digital approaches for communication between medical professionals and patients without life contact. Communication is often performed via video, audio, or texting.
Telemedicine may be convenient thanks to bringing quality health care to remote locations. It’s not scared of bad roads, long lines at doctor’s offices, and lack of medical workers. Telemedicine is particularly useful in times of social distancing. The recognition of telemedicine increased dramatically during the pandemic. For instance, in the US, the number of telehealth encounters increased by over 120% during February-March of 2020.
Telemedicine works mostly with the assistance of telemedicine software. There are several sorts of it:
1. Tools for medical workers. For instance, EHR (Electronic Healthcare Records), where doctors can see all the data about their patients without handling paper archives.
2. Tools for patients. The tools where they will book a medical appointment and choose the sort of consultation: offline, video, audio, or text.
3. Software that gives patients full access to their health records, medical tests, prescriptions, and more.
4. Tools for medical institutions. They permit managing patient appointments, life insurances, payments, and more.
There is also advanced telemedicine software that might unite all of them. Also, the system should be compatible with local privacy policies and healthcare laws.
Telemedicine Software Development - How to Build Telemedicine System
The Abto Software team built a full-package telemedicine software that is used today by thousands of patients and keeps…
Telemedicine software features
1. Easy patient registration. The main goal of this kind of app is to simplify communication between patients and doctors. The registration process must be clear and straightforward to end with the help of a few clicks.
2. Convenient EHR. No more confusing and time-stealing paperwork. Easy-to-use EHR (Electronic Healthcare Records) systems help doctors to save time for patient care.
3. Reliable data protection. Personal information protection should be one of the most important focuses. The healthcare industry, in fact, is attacked by hackers regularly.
Blockchain-Based Telemedicine Ecosystem - Abto Software, Lviv, Ukraine
Abto works with Medikit, a HealthTech startup aimed at building a digital healthcare ecosystem of medical interaction…
4. Easy payment. You need to offer patients the power to buy medical services in the most convenient way. Choose wisely currencies, payment methods, required financial details, etc.
5. Integrations with the third parties. I’m talking about integrations with pharmaceutical and insurance companies, medical laboratories.
6. User-friendly interface. It’ll reduce stress for people that need medical attention and for the industry experts.
7. Easy-to-use mobile app. It is important to provide quick access to necessary documentation for both medical workers and patients.
8. Video/Audio/Text consultations. Let users decide how they would like to use the app. Audio consultation is the right choice for locations with low access to the web. Video calls are useful once you need a face-to-face conversation. Text messages are convenient for quick questions and specifications.
Mobile-based Telemedicine Solution Development - Abto Software
Our company has designed a mobile-based telemedicine solution for a large African telecommunications provider. This…
AI-Driven Medical Travel Platform - Abto Software, Lviv, Ukraine
Our client is a HealthTech startup focused on building a medical travel platform with a mission to help patients find…