This post is a short overview of an Abto Software healthcare project.
Healthcare leaders all around the globe are integrating telemedicine applications for several good reasons:
- Increased accessibility
- Reduced time and cost
- Improved efficiency
- Remote monitoring and follow-ups
- Optimal utilization of resources
- Competitive advantage over rivals
- Patient engagement
- Patient satisfaction and loyalty
In addition, telemedicine tools are minimizing human error, thus enhancing patient experience and outcomes. In brief, computational technology can enable greater productivity and provide future-proof foundations, accordingly boosting business profitability.
Telemedicine platform for a US-based provider: Our goals and contribution
Abto Software was approached by a large organization operating multiple private clinics in the United States. The project was focused around designing an intuitive mobile application to accelerate healthcare delivery.
Our company has covered every phase from initial business analysis and consulting to launch and maintenance. The project has brought great results — the designed mobile application is being actively utilized to streamline daily operations, from administration to straightforward patient monitoring.
Our team was aimed to handle the following:
- The design of a telemedicine platform to optimize healthcare delivery
- The improvement of direct provider-patient interaction (both virtual and in-person)
- The integration of automated medical insurance
- The enhancement of day-to-day data management, including collection and processing
Our engineers successfully covered:
- Business analysis and consulting
- UI/UX design (specs, mockups, dynamic prototype)
- POC creation
- MVP development
- Third-party integration
- Product deployment
- Quality assurance
- Ongoing maintenance and support
Telemedicine platform we delivered: The features worth mentioning
To provide the client with the core capabilities virtual care might enable, we designed four dashboards:
- Administration panel
- Patient portal — the patients can review their prescriptions, schedule appointments, receive reminders
- Clinician dashboard — clinicians can manage programs, contact patients, and monitor health indicators to optimize both treatment and medication
- Nurse dashboard — nurses can access information and utilize integrated maps
With knowledge and experience in delivering medical software, we implemented essential functionality:
- User profiles
- Role-based access
- Patient management
- Appointment management
- Private chats
- Audio and video calls
- Treatment details
- Treatment statistics
Besides implementing on-demand functionality, to bring additional value, we handled third-party integrations. These encompass several applications that collect health indicators like sleep, physical activity, and others, convenient maps, and PayPal for smooth electronic payments.
Speaking about medical insurance, we enabled:
- Identity verification and confirmation
- Automated routines — payment processing, claim handling, and more
The client is a healthcare-focused organization dealing with sensitive information in their daily activities.
To ensure HIPAA compliance, we provided:
- Data management
- Data encryption
- Two-factor authentication
- Role-based access
- Automatic logout
- Electronic signatures
- Hidden notifications
- Forbidden screenshots
To assure product accessibility, we provided limited color, sufficient contrast, organized content, legible titles, size adjustments, and optional grayscale mode, enabling individuals that suffer visual impairments to leverage healthcare services without limitations.
To accelerate data management, we covered an integration with Cerner, a reliable EHR system.
To streamline routine operations, we handled the integration with 15 insurance companies.
By leveraging domain-specific expertise in building custom, value-added healthcare products, we provided:
Reduced time and cost
The designed telemedicine solution is created to automate day-to-day operations, minimizing time and cost. The platform is being actively used by 25 private clinics across the United States.
The delivered telemedicine solution is eliminating the need for traditional in-person check-ups and follow-ups, which provides more convenience to individuals that suffer infectious diseases or other serious limitations. What’s more, the patients save 25% of costs by choosing this service.
The application helps collect, store, edit, and access personal information, boosting overall healthcare delivery.
The application helps simplify appointment management, treatment and medication prescription, and more, enhancing productivity and other business aspects.