Utilizing offshore .NET development in 2023 is a strategic decision providing sensible, future-proof foundations. By involving .NET engineers with required tech expertise, business leaders can keep up with their competition, reduce time and cost, increase productivity, and grow much faster.
But why exactly do both startups and even mature enterprises approach offshore .NET development?
Software development hiring market
There are multiple reasons why organizations in the United States are outsourcing .NET development:
- The need to take operational performance on a higher level
- The need for strong team leaders
- Hiring barriers associated with talent shortage
- Limited resources including time and cost
According to trusted sources, in 2022, .NET specialists in the United States could count on a salary range between $38,500 and $165,000:
- Senior .NET solution architects — about $110,000-$165,000 per year for covering:
- Project planning
- Design creation
- Project guidance and support
- Issue resolution
- Senior .NET software developers — about $93,000-$131,500 per year for handling:
- Scope determination in cooperation with assigned project managers and clients
- Framework creation
- Code production
- System upgrading, configuring, debugging, and support
- Full stack .NET engineers — usually $87,000-$123,500 per year for the following processes:
- Project planning in cooperation with involved team members
- Software design
- Code production including both front- and back-end parts
- System upgrading, configuring, debugging, and support
A quite similar situation can be observed in Western Europe, where numerous tech startups are concentrated. The demand for skilled .NET developers is rising.
According to recent research, both Ukraine and Poland made it to the world’s top in the technology domain. Those destinations provide trained .NET developers for relatively low rates.
IT market in Ukraine
The Ukrainian IT industry has become a segment, which employs 300 thousand IT professionals and expands by 25–30% each year.
The Ukrainian IT domain has some great advantages over other popular destinations:
- The largest labor market
- The most university graduates with an IT specialization
- 18,6 thousand registered legal entities by the end of 2021 in Ukraine
- 8,7 thousand active legal entities by the end of 2021 in Ukraine
- 5,000+ companies in the labor market (expert estimates of 2021)
- 1,405 startups at Dealroom.co
- 2,275 companies at Clutch.co
- 2,300+ companies at Techecosystem.gov.ua
Considering the mentioned statistics, many vendors in Ukraine are involved to provide .NET development. Some services being delegated to vendors in Ukraine typically include custom offshore software development, artificial intelligence, computer vision, and others.
Speaking about IT export, the main drivers involve:
- United States (40%)
- Great Britain (10%)
.NET development: the skills to deliver a project
- SQL Server
Software developers that design .NET solutions should also have expertise working with client-side technology. This allows building interfaces that support easy navigation.
Client-side technology might include:
ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core
ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core are cross-platform, open-source frameworks for building reliable applications. These frameworks provide simplicity, high performance, and flexibility within deployment, and are perfect for lightweight applications on Windows, Linux, MacOS, and Docker.
ASP.NET MVC is a design pattern that helps separate concerns and gain more control over every app function. The technology allows building protected applications by simplifying coding practices.
When involving dedicated developers, make sure they have sufficient expertise in handling:
- Data analysis
- Database management
- Database planning and design
- Account and file management
Before contracting outsourced developers, make sure they have the expertise to deliver:
- Business automation
- Collaboration efficiency
.NET development’ core advantages
Improved performance and productivity
.NET technology is known for accelerating improved performance through smooth just-in-time compilation. The framework is also sensibly streamlining overall productivity through modern language constructs, extensive libraries, multi-language support, common APIs, and tools.
.NET technology allows building robust applications running on different platforms, no matter the purpose. From applications for iOS and Android, to enterprise server applications for Windows and Linux, there are suitable options for everyone.
- Has over 100,000 contributors from over 3,700 companies
- Provides countless useful tools and valuable community support
The platform is well-known for ensuring flexible deployment:
- .NET Core can be easily integrated into programs
- One can run different versions of .NET Core on the same computer
Why outsource .NET & ASP.NET development?
IT outsourcing is best-fitting for the following types of organizations:
- Startups with small budgets
- Mature businesses that lack technical knowledge and experience
- Established businesses that prioritize fast growth
IT assistance might benefit various companies by helping them to:
- Focus on operational processes
- Access the latest technologies
- Reduce risks
The transfer of critical IT processes enables leaders to enhance IT capabilities and boost their competitiveness. By eliminating additional hiring and training, and accessing specialized expertise, both owners and employees access resources to optimize day-to-day processes.
- Lower costs
- Faster time-to-market
- Minimized risks
- High performance, flexibility, scalability, and security